Forum Home Forum Home > Rock The World > Albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZanZanA L'émission Metal in noise we trust...

Electric Mary - Down To The Bone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master of the ZanZanA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric Mary - Down To The Bone
    Posted: 04 Fevrier 2010 at 10:56
2003 was a watershed year for singer/songwriter Rusty of Electric Mary.

Musical tastes all over the world were changing and a fresh approach was what Rusty needed, so along with guitarist Irwin Thomas he headed to New York. The tourist thing lasted two days - the Dakota building, Central Park and everywhere in between. While sitting on a bench at the John Lennon memorial listening to really bad buskers singing the songs of the Beatles, Rusty realized he was chasing a sound with no heart and no soul. It was time to revisit where his musical life began. The next few days were spent walking the streets of New York, feeling, and tasting another way of life. A chance meeting at a gig led to Rusty and Irwin hooking up with Mary Campbell, the legendary studio manager of Electric Lady Studio. An invitation was extended to visit the world famous studio, once owned by Jimi Hendrix. He rang the doorbell to a building that had witnessed some of the greatest music and musicians of the last 20 years. The history lesson was loud and clear and down the steps and through a hallway he walked right into the middle of rock and rolls very lifeblood. Mary told many stories of artists & bands such as AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Guns'n'Roses, the Kinks, David Bowie, Stevie Wonder and Bad Company. Rusty was in awe and he felt humbled to be hanging out with such illustrious company. Standing in the live room of studio A and feeling a great sense of joy, Mary handed Rusty a business card, that's me at the bottom of the card, electric mary..." Right there and then Electric Mary was born. On the flight home Rusty decided to go back to what made him want to play music in the first place. The kind of music he grew up listening to and that had shaped his life. He knew the lineup he wanted with Venom on drums, Irwin, & Pete on guitars and Neilo on bass. He knew the sound he was after and he knew these guys could deliver.

The sound of Electric Mary!

Track Listing:
1. LET ME OUT 3:17
2. GASOLINE AND GUNS 3:47
3. NO ONE DOES IT BETTER THAN ME 2:37
4. RIGHT DOWN TO THE BONE 4:05
5. ONE IN A MILLION 5:02
6. SORRY 2:57
7. CRASHDOWN 4:19
8. LUV ME 3:25
9. ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE 2:13
10. DO ME (LONG WAY FROM HOME) 4:03