Forum Home Forum Home > Rock The World > Albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZanZanA L'émission Metal in noise we trust...

Indica: A Way Away

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master of the ZanZanA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indica: A Way Away
    Posted: 12 Mai 2010 at 21:54
Two tours with Nightwish, one platinum and two golds in Finland, numerous top-ten singles - for Indica it seems that the only way is up. Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish, who discovered the band and gave them his support, said: " Indica has such sights to show you! You will be spellbound for a lifetime!"

But let’s start from the beginning: the Finnish girl group was founded in 2001 by schoolmates Jonsu (vocals, violin, guitar, keyboards, theremin) and Heini (bass), who had played together in a children’s string orchestra. Their line-up was soon completed by Sirkku (keyboards, clarinet, piano), Jenny (guitar) and Laura (drums, percussion). Five beautiful girls with just one thing in common: as fully fledged musicians, they’re all light years away from casting shows and musical triviality. And they’re also great friends. "You can’t predict success", says singer and lyricist Jonsu, "so I didn’t think about it much.”

Nevertheless, success came their way pretty quickly: in 2003, they signed their first recording contract and began work on their debut album, "Ikuinen Virta", which spent 30 weeks in the Finnish charts and reached platinum sales. Like going from zero to 60 in three seconds, they’ve taken their country by storm with their contemporary mix of pop, rock, exotic instruments, Finnish melancholy and mystical, nature-inspired lyrics. The press promptly coined a neat description: mystic romantic pop.

The band has since released three more albums in Finland, two of which went gold, remaining in the charts for weeks. The last of the three, "Valoissa" (2008), was produced by Nightwish boss Holopainen who also produced the band’s new album "A Way Away". The recordings were co-produced by Roland Spremberg (A-ha and Him, among others) and mixed by Mark Schettler (Simply Red, Bullet for my Valentine, just to mention a few). It is their first album in English for the international market. "I had butterflies in my tummy when I first sang the English lyrics", Jonsu remembers and listeners will as well when they hear "A Way Away", an album filled with lush soundscapes and rich emotion. "Alongside nature, film soundtracks have the biggest influence on me", says the songwriter.

So now there’s only one thing left to do: just press play - and let yourself be spellbound.

Genre: Pop
Label: Nuclear Blast GmbH
Release Dates: 25.06.2010

Track Listing:
01. Islands Of Lights 3:02
02. Precious Dark 3:50
03. Children of Frost 5:21
04. Lilja's Lament 5:54
05. In Passing 3:44
06. Scissor, Paper, Rock 4:29
07. A Way Away 5:05
08. Straight And Arrow 3:32
09. As If 3:29
10. Eerie Eden 7:54

Nightrocker View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master of the ZanZanA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mai 2010 at 10:11
Vidéo Clip de "In Passing" extrait de A Way Away le dernier album des INDICA

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic